Project Management and Time Tracking
Project management and time tracking software is one of the best ways to get organized. All of your tasks, files, and leads can be stored in one place, with reminders for you or your staff.
- Project Management Software: Several choices for managing projects.
- Time Tracking: Methods of time tracking.
- Time Tracking Software: Options for time tracking software.
- Billings Software: Track time, create estimates and send invoices.
- Basecamp: Share files, chat and remember tasks with this project management and collaboration software.
- Highrise: Remember to follow-up with clients and track leads.
Organize Your Files
A great deal of time can be wasted searching for files that are essential to your design business. Get organized by organizing your files with these tips and applications.
- How to Organize Your Graphic Design Files: An overview of recommended file naming, folder structures and other tips.
- OmniDiskSweeper: Keep your files organized by easily discovering what files are taking up hard drive space.
- Digital Asset Management: Software to view your designs, PDFs, stock photos and other images.
- Font Doctor: Font organization and repair for the Mac
- Apple's Bundled Software: iPhoto, iCal, Address Book, Mail and Font Book are all great organizational tools.
- Apple MobileMe Accounts: Back up and sync files such as bookmarks, email and contacts.
Update Your Portfolio
For graphic designers, building a portfolio and keeping it updated is an important part of staying organized. If your portfolio is ready and up-to-date, you will be prepared when you get a lead on a project or when applying for graphic design jobs.
- Types of Portfolios: An overview of the types of graphic design portfolios.
- How To Design a Website: Steps to take when building a website, including your own portfolio.
- Readers Respond: Share your own experience on building a portfolio.
- Website Portfolios: Steps to take when building an online portfolio.
- PDF Portfolios: Creating a portfolio as a PDF to share with clients.