Media Bistro is a web-based company that offers services to media professionals, such as job listings and networking events. They offer design courses (among others) in major U.S. cities as well as online.
Media Bistro’s courses can help you brush up on or learn software skills, design techniques and freelance business strategies. Past topics include:
- InDesign for Designers
- The Fundamentals of Adobe Photoshop
- Create and Launch a Website
- Create and Develop Your Freelancing Career
- What to Charge as a Freelancer
Media Bistro offers courses in:
- New York
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Washington DC
- Online: Online courses are taught by the same instructors, with all material posted for download, live chats with other students, and no need to worry about missing classes.
Most Media Bistro courses cost between $65 and $625, depending on the length and subject matter.
How to Apply
Some of Media Bistro’s courses require a simple application form to be completed, with your contact info and a “letter of interest.” Others allow direct registration. Visit Media Bistro’s Courses Section to find classes of interest. You can easily display specific topic areas or locations.